The 2019 Student Design Challenge is open to currently enrolled college students
Designers will use 2 anchor items from Humble Design inventory as well as Humble accessories (and supplement with personal items) to create 10×8 vignettes that reflect the Humble Home. Vignette categories include: Living, Bedroom, Dining, Children’s playrooms, “Man Caves,” Offices, etc. Not familiar with the Humble mission? Visit the Humble Design website!
NEW this year: Cash prizes for top 3 popular vignettes!
2019 Committed school programs:
- Baker College Interior Design
Past participating schools: Lawrence Tech, Baker College, Wayne State University, Michigan State University
- Location: Royal Oak Farmers Market
- Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Cost: $25 per designer (whether part of a team or solo)
- Registration Deadline: Friday, August 23rd 2019 Registration form below
- Furniture Selection: Saturday, September 14 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (location TBA)
- Set-up: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Event: 6 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Up to 4 designers may participate in each vignette. Each designer must register separately to be listed in program.
- Vignettes space is 10×8 and is piped and draped on 3 sides (8′ back, 3′ sides) in white. Items may be hung using a 5lb bracket (supplied by designer)
- Vignettes will use 2 anchor pieces from Humble Design inventory that may not be changed. Choose wisely during selection!
- Supplement your design with your personal items
- No candles or liquids may be used
- Limited power available
- Bring toolbox, power strips step ladders
- Vignettes must be completed by 3 p.m.
NEW THIS YEAR:
The Humble Home contains living areas, dining areas, bedrooms, playrooms and office areas. You will be required to list your preference of room type during the registration process. We will do our best to comply with your request at time of selection.
- Judges Choice
- Popular First $500, Second $250, and Third Place $100, in Professional and Student