Designers will use 2 anchor items from Humble Design inventory as well as Humble accessories (and supplement with personal items) to create 10×8 vignettes that reflect the Humble Home. Vignette categories include: Living, Bedroom, Dining, Children’s playrooms, “Man Caves,” Offices, etc. Not familiar with the Humble mission? Visit the Humble Design website!
2019 Committed school programs
- *Baker College Interior Design
- Center for Creative Studies
- Oakland County Community College
- Eastern Michigan
- *Lawrence Tech University
- *Michigan State University
Past participating schools: Lawrence Tech, Baker College, Wayne State University, Michigan State University
- Location: Royal Oak Farmers Market
- Date:Tuesday, September 29, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Set-up: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Event: 6 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Professional, Enthusiast participant cost: $25
- Up to 4 designers may participate in each vignette. Each designer must register separately to be listed in program.
- Vignettes space is 10×8 and is piped and draped on 3 sides (8′ back, 3′ sides) in white. Items may be hung using a 5lb bracket (supplied by designer)
- Vignettes will use 2 anchor pieces from Humble Design inventory that may not be changed. Choose wisely during selection!
- Supplement your design with your personal items
- No candles or liquids may be used
- Limited power available
- Bring toolbox, power strips step ladders
- Vignettes must be completed by 3 p.m.
- Judges Choice
- Popular First $500, Second $250, and Third Place $100